Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 6: On a Magnet Kick

When I purchased yesterday's pizza pans, I also picked up some small magnets. I figured the kids could have fun making their own magnets from random objects. Of course I wanted to try it first so I used what I had and tried a Pinterest idea. Super easy.

Large glass gems/rocks, scrapbook paper, glue, and magnets.

I cut the scrapbook paper to the size of the gem, dabbed some hot glue (you can also use craft glue) on the rock, and pressed the paper to the rock firmly (I placed them on the table and pressed down). Then I glued the magnet to the back and trimmed off any excess paper or glue. Done!

I only had three clear gems, but would love to make more of these. And I am thinking these might make great Christmas gifts, too!



 Old magnets. BLEH.

New ones. MUCH BETTER!

Inspired by: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment